For the most rad candle experience, here are a few tips:
Keep the wick to between ⅛ and ¼ inch each time you light it. If the candle begins to smoke, or if the flame height is greater than 1½ inches, gently blow out the candle, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick with a wick trimmer, or by gently running your finger across the top of it. Remove all wick trimmings before relighting.
Always allow wax to fully melt/pool to the outer edges (usually 3-4 hours on larger candles, at least two hours on smaller candles) before blowing it out. Extinguishing too soon causes wax to tunnel.
Tins and jars can get warm when burning for an extended period of time. Keep your candle on a heat-resistant surface and away from kids/pets/flammable objects.
Once your candle has burned all the way to the bottom, you can reuse the container! Simply heat the container up (I recommend in the oven at the LOWEST possible setting; usually around 150 º F or lower) and the excess wax will all melt. Then carefully (with an oven mitt) dump the melted excess wax into the trash (NOT THE SINK!!!). You can then remove the wick and clean the container with regular soap and water!
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh